Thursday, March 20, 2008

First Day of Spring


first day of spring, originally uploaded by thrivestyle.

I have been traveling like crazy...which I love...but leaves little time to photograph Denver.

Back in Denver, Spring has sprung and this little gem was poking out of the ground when I walked up to get coffee this morning. I love the contrast of the winter browned grasses and the vibrant colors of the flower and the new grass. Speaks to all that spring offers us in the way of new beginnings.

Of course, as only Denver could do...today's first day of spring is 65 degrees...tomorrow and Friday snow are predicted.

I hope this little flower survives the cold and continues to bring forth spring beauty.

4 comments:

Dan said...

Don't you just love to see these little guys push their heads up where snow used to be?

Bill said...

Hey, it is good to see another Colorado DP blog!

Shantaram said...

Hi... don't know if / when you'll get to see this...

The CDP community (www.citydailyphoto.com) has chosen 'Sister Cities' as its theme for September 1.... Denver, CO and Chennai, India are sister cities... and I have in mind a great photo - if you could send it to me!

Let me know if you can help?

Thanks,
Shantaram

Anonymous said...

Hi

Denver is the sister city for Chennai, India. City Daily Photo is organising the sister city pic as a Theme day for this sep1st'08.

Would be great if you could share a picture of Denver. Thanks. (i guess you'd get my email ID with this comment)

(I also see my friend too requesting you from Chennai)

Ram